Hooray, I got my invite for Google Analytics!!! Finally! I have been on the waiting list for months now. Google Analytics is a stats tool that I have been anxious to try out. I added the code to my pages yesterday and already I am enjoying the information that is coming back. My favorite features so far are the search/keywords that people use to find my site, a map that shows where all the visitors are from, and the most visited pages. I am also very into the nice charts and graphs. I am a visual person, so these are so much fun. 🙂
I love Google. They are slowly taking over my life (in a good way).
- I use Google Desktop at work ALL the time (it is a Google Search that searches your all your emails and folder systems on your PC which is so helpful)
- I love using Google Calendar to keep track of my day to day stuff. And it sends me reminders before events, which is really nice since I tend to be forgetful.
- I use their GMail (email), which is a great email program with great features and spam filters
- Google Chat
- Google Maps is overtaking Mapquest as my place to go for directions. Their new layout with a map and driving directions side by side is so helpful and user friendly.
- I am on blogger all the time commenting on the blogs of friends and family. Yes, did you know they own blogger? How cool are they?
- Picasa – a user-friendly photo-editing software that is FREE (like all of the Google services)
- And of course, the Google search engine!!