8 Random Things
So I was tagged by Julie from And Katie Makes 3 to post 8 random things about me. I feel so special. 🙂 But now I need to think of some “interesting” and random things about myself. Hmmmm…
Well, I will do my best to put some random things here that I haven’t discussed too much on my blog. Some may be familiar to you, but hopefully there will be a couple things that you don’t know about me.
- I am scared of bears. I used to have nightmares about bears on a regular basis. The scenarios were often the same; herds of bears roaming my neighborhood and breaking into houses. They were always either grizzly bears or polar bears. Thankfully I do not have these scary dreams as frequently as I used to, but I still worry sometimes when we are hiking or camping up in the mountains.
- I love my laptop and wireless connection. I can be online anywhere in the house. I am in the bathroom right now. I know, eww…gross, right?
- I have only had stitches three times in my life. Once when I got my wisdom teeth out, once immediately after Adrianna was born, and once after I had surgery for several umbilical hernias (from labor).
- I dislocated my knee while singing, only 10 minutes before leaving for my highschool graduation. After a hospital trip and a lot of morphine later, I made it to graduation. I hobbled down the aisle with a big brace on my leg and was still able to sing my songs that I was scheduled to perform. I wasn’t nervous at all, thanks to the morphine. I don’t remember much of the ceremony. I do remember being sad that I couldn’t dance at the square dance that was held afterwards. (Hey, square dances are fun! My favorite is the Virginia Reel. And this WAS Wyoming after all.)
- I turn 30 this year. That makes me feel old.
- I dated two cowboys, two policemen, and one “Musselman” before finding the love of my life, a musician.
- When I am in my car alone, I like to sing my heart out. Sometimes I pretend I am on American Idol. (But I know I could never actually BE on American Idol because I am too uncoordinated and am not a good dancer AT ALL.)
- Greg thinks I have a crush on Ewan McGregor, Colin Firth, or Chris Thile (of Nickel Creek). I don’t really of course, but I really do like Ewan in The Island and his singing in Moulin Rouge, I like Colin Firth in Pride & Prejudice (and his British accent), and I have never seen anyone make playing the mandolin look so cool and rock out like Chris Thile.